All classes are suspended for the time being because of Covid-19.
Our classes are for beginners and experienced dancers, everyone is welcome.
Remember, you don’t need to be Scottish, have a partner, or own a kilt!
Though a pair of soft shoes makes it much easier.
Time: 7.30pm – 10pm
Info: After the break (approx 8.45pm) the class is for more experienced dancers.
Where: Oatley Hall, St Monica Trust, Cote Lane, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol, BS9 3UN
The aim of this class is to provide a rewarding, and fun, experience for those
who wish to further develop and exercise their dance skills. If the branch is
asked to provide a display, a team will be sought from the members of this
class. Attending the classes is for your enjoyment and does not commit any dancer
to taking part in a display or demonstration unless they want to.
Monday 14th October
Monday 18th November
Monday 16th December
Monday 17 February- at St Andrews Park Hall, Somerville Road, BS6 5BZ
Monday 30 March
The class aims to:
• Seek to develop those aspects of technique which particularly contribute to the greater enjoyment of social dancing and to effective displays: phrasing, presentation and teamwork;
• Provide an opportunity to improve footwork and dancing of figures (familiarity with the more frequently encountered figures is assumed);
• Benefit from individual feedback (provided that is OK with you);
• Learn dances which could be used in a live display or demonstration video;
• Look at dances that we consider interesting to learn, and which exercise the skills we wish to develop;
• Encourage the exchange of ideas about dancing.
Time: 8pm – 10pm
Where: Church Hall, The Church of the Good Shepherd, Bishopston Bristol, BS7 8NA
Parking: There is a car park outside the hall
Cost of classes
£2 for students. New dancers pay £2.50 per class.
The term fee in advance gives you a discount of two classes per term.
If you are new to the club, your first class is free.
The AGM week in the autumn term is free, as are any ‘taster’ nights.
Charity Number: 1059608
Where we dance
In normal times we dance at St Monica's, Henleaze, Bristol on a Thursday evening.